Ready to celebrate Mother’s Day? Find the perfect picks for every fan’s collection. Shop Now

Filled With Surprises and Delights: Our First-Ever Premium Barbie Holiday Calendar

By Allen Voivod

It’s beginning to look a lot like the holiday season at Barbie Signature. We’ve already debuted this year’s Holiday Barbie Dolls, and now we’re adding something new to the celebration – something we’ve ever done before.

It’s our Barbie 12 Days of Christmas Doll and Accessories, and our members get early access to shop starting 10/3 at 9 AM PT. It retails for $160, with a purchase limit of two per person. Get one as a gift for your favorite Barbie fan, and don’t forget to treat yourself, too! (If we don’t sell out of them, they’ll be available to the public starting 10/8.)

Barbie Signature Principal Designer Bill Greening revealed to us that this project had an unusual origin story, as compared to other premium Barbie offerings. “This really came out of a package team brainstorm. [Key Lead Packaging Designer] Vicky Gevorkyan had this idea of doing a premium holiday package based on some other luxury items she saw during the holidays. The idea was shared with me when it was decided the doll should have a very classic, retro, old fashioned holiday vibe. Which is definitely right up my alley – I love nostalgia!”

Because the doll has that vintage-inspired sensibility, Vicky created a packaging design to match. “The package follows the doll’s vintage retro look with a classic holiday celebration theme to complement the doll and further evoke the vintage retro holiday feel,” Vicky says. “The packaging has gold foil logo, is structured with gameboard material, and has a sleeve that pulls open to reveal the 12 boxes you can open from day 1 to day 12.”

“The box is amazing!” Bill adds. “It feels so premium, soft to the touch, and the graphics are beautiful. It’s very sturdy and will definitely be a great way to store it all after the holidays are over. Inside of all of these little drawers you open are beautiful miniatures for Barbie as you count down to Christmas. I think collectors who love to display and make Barbie vignettes will adore these little props.”

Could contain: Doll, Toy, Barbie, Figurine

The set is designed around the theme of Barbie hosting a holiday party for family and friends, and the accessories are meant to be items she’d want on hand to make it memorable. “I thought a lot about my childhood Christmas and the items my mother might have used to entertain and decorate the house,” Bill says about the items you’ll find, which include a miniature tree, a classic vinyl holiday record, a plate of frosted cookies, and more.

As for the hostess herself, this is a vintage-style Barbie doll that comes with a pronged stand, like the original Barbie doll. Her jet-black hair is styled with rolled bangs and a classic ponytail, accented with a red hair bow. Her emerald green eyes are highlighted by a bold cat eye with shimmery golden eyeshadow, and a cherry lip completes the look.

But whatever shall she wear? Luckily, she’ll have options – Bill created two new fashions specially for this set, one that’s playful and another that’s elegant. “The fashion she’s wearing when you unbox her has very ‘Mrs. Claus’ type of vibe,” Bill says. “The real embroidery at the hem of the skirt reminds me of a vintage Christmas tree skirt. I love that we got to do real embroidery! There’s white fur trim at the cuffs and neckline. We even have a white tulle petticoat underneath her dress, very much a late ‘50s, early ‘60s style.”

As for the second, more formal fashion included in the set, it’s a golden and silvery brocade cocktail dress that “any fashionable woman might have worn for home entertaining or a fancy holiday party,” Bill says, adding that it’s based on an early 1960s Barbie design.

Could contain: Clothing, Apparel, Person, Human

Ultimately, this is a doll and set we hope will become a part of your holiday celebrations and decorations for years to come. “I definitely put my seasonal Barbie dolls on display this time of year!” Bill adds. “I and the entire Barbie Signature team are very excited to share this precious holiday offering.”

Don’t forget, members have five days (or while supplies last) to get the Barbie 12 Days of Christmas Doll and Accessories set, starting 10/3 at 9 AM PT, before it’s available to the public. If you’re making your list and checking it twice, be sure to cross this one off well before the snow begins to fall this holiday season.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Related News

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Posted by Dom:

Hi, all! Our team is aware of an issue related to this item’s inventory syncing properly.

We just want to assure all of you that more will be available soon - it is not yet sold out!

We apologize for the confusion here and we appreciate your patience as we work on a fix.

• Like 3

I tried to purchase one and had one in my basket but when I got to the delivery options it kept saying it couldn’t ship to my address in the UK. I have had previous items delivered from you before to the UK. Was this just a glitch or is this item not able to be shipped to the UK? Really really want to buy one so hoping just a glitch

• Like 4

How are these selling out before they even get started?? This has happned several times already!!  Then they are getting sold for double or triple the price!! What gives, Mattel?

• Like 2

Posted by Admin Dom regarding this doll set:

Hi, all! Our team is aware of an issue related to this item’s inventory syncing properly.

We just want to assure all of you that more will be available soon - it is not yet sold out!

We apologize for the confusion here and we appreciate your patience as we work on a fix.

• Like 1

Barbie 12 days of Christmas was supposed to be available at 9am today (eastern standard time??), I never received the 'email' about her until 12:10pm.  I am located in the eastern standard time area.  I logged on immediately and it said sold out.  😢

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TBENNISONJGMAIL.COM said:

Barbie 12 days of Christmas was supposed to be available at 9am today (eastern standard time??), I never received the 'email' about her until 12:10pm.  I am located in the eastern standard time area.  I logged on immediately and it said sold out.  😢

Wow Don Same exact thing happened to me....timing & everything!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Linda J said:

I tried to purchase one and had one in my basket but when I got to the delivery options it kept saying it couldn’t ship to my address in the UK. I have had previous items delivered from you before to the UK. Was this just a glitch or is this item not able to be shipped to the UK? Really really want to buy one so hoping just a glitch

I had the same issue with shipping to Canada and so far havent been able to get an official answer whether or not it will be fixed (some commenters but nothing from mattel). I really hope so. The new changes for international buyers are awful. Unexplained price increases far beyond the tax/duty/exchange rate amounts and now unable to even be shipped.

32 minutes ago, Chantalsdolls said:

International buyers are having difficulties in preordering her but I hope you’ll fix this soon because the doll is GORGEOUS!

UPDATE: I was able to complete my order from Europe !

they also confirmed no additional payments upon deliveries and you can also pay with PayPal! Thanks mattel🙌🏻

• Like 1

I was finally able to "pre-order" one at around 12am EST last night.  However, I never received an email letting me know that the item was back in stock.  I am a new member and never received any welcome emails either (checked my spam folder too).  Do other members typically get emails about these types of things? I am nervous that maybe I accidently unsubscribed ages ago and now my email address isn't getting these emails...

Mattel thanks for releasing more stock. I was able to get one, but I wish we could be alerted when an item is back in the shop. That would definitely save some headaches for many of us here. Other than that, the doll is perfect! And as stated above the ability to use PayPal is a huge plus 😁

Edited by MiKeY
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pscfan said:

I was finally able to "pre-order" one at around 12am EST last night.  However, I never received an email letting me know that the item was back in stock.  I am a new member and never received any welcome emails either (checked my spam folder too).  Do other members typically get emails about these types of things? I am nervous that maybe I accidently unsubscribed ages ago and now my email address isn't getting these emails...

There are no 'welcome' emails.

They don't usually send out emails to advise that additional stock was added here.

3 minutes ago, liliflowerbomb001 said:

Are they releasing them again tomorrow?

I think they are out of stock now, with no additional releases here.

It's my understanding that Target and FAO will receive some stock at some point.